Monday, July 18, 2011

Bean, Red Onion, and Parsley Salad


This salad is so easy I had to read to recipe twice to believe it, and it's just as delicious.  It uses cannellini beans - I do believe I am in love with them!  They are the perfect bean for so many recipes - salads, soups, hummus - you name it.  Maybe it's because they make me dream of Italy.... To top it off, I found them dirt cheap at the food outlet I frequent.  I grabbed a bunch of cans, but now I'm wishing I had bought the entire shelf!

Source:  Everyday Food magazine, March 2010

2 cans (14.5 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c. packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
4 t. red-wine vinegar
sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

In a bowl, combine above ingredients.

Serves 4

That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment