Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers


Ooooh, these are good!  One of my sewing customers shared this healthier version of Jalapeno Poppers with me.  I didn't grow any jalapenos this year, but I'm certainly going to grow some next year after trying these!  Thankfully I was able to pick up a few at Root's this week before the season was over.

Source:  J. Lerch

jalapeno peppers
ricotta cheese
green onions, sliced
shredded cheddar cheese
oregano
fresh garlic, minced
Parmesan cheese

Slice peppers in half; remove seeds and membranes.  Cook in boiling water for 3 min; drain.  Mix together ricotta, green onions, cheddar cheese, oregano and garlic.  Stuff peppers with cheese mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan.  Heat in oven until bubbly.

*Note:  Be sure to remove all seeds and membranes unless you like to torture yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment