Thursday, August 19, 2010

Parsley Pesto


Photo Credit:  Melissa Binder

I discovered this recipe last fall; I had tons of Italian parsley left in my garden and hated to see it go to waste. So, I looked up parsley recipes on line and found one for parsley pesto. I made a bunch of different variations, before I came up with the perfect recipe. Yum, YUM, YUM! It’s fabulous and freezes well.
(Adapted from the following link: http://www.ilunchbox.com/recipes/recipes-categories/dressings-and-dips/parsley-pesto.php?searchresult=1&sstring=parsley+pesto)

4 cups flat Italian parsley leaves, washed and drained *
½ cup pine nuts **
½ cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/2 - 1 t. sea salt
pepper to taste

Process above ingredients in food processor until the pesto is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Add more oil as needed to get a smooth consistency.

Freezes well.

MY NOTES:
* Be sure to use Italian parsley – the flavor is much better.
**Walnuts are just as good – pine nuts aren’t worth the expense!

No comments:

Post a Comment