Sunday, June 30, 2013

Herbed Squash with Yogurt Dressing



My yellow squash plants were quite prolific this year - just an unbelievable amount of cute little squash from two plants!  It gave me all kinds of opportunities to try a variety of summer squash recipes.

So, I made this salad for a potluck at my old neighbor's new home.  I knew it was an iffy recipe to try at that type of event (especially with mint leaves as one of the ingredients!), but as usual, I was determined to use produce from the garden vs. buying ingredients at the grocery store.  Surprisingly enough, the gang liked it; several people even asked for the recipe, so I was tickled!

Source:  Everyday Food magazine, July/August 2011

2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch half moons
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 T. olive oil
2 t. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 t. fresh parsley, chopped
2 t. fresh mint leaves, chopped
coarse salt and ground pepper

Combine all ingredients and serve.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment