Friday, August 16, 2013

Fresh Peach Pie



After several tries (and a few tasty, but unpresentable flops!), I think I have finally nailed Fresh Peach Pie!  The trick is to make sure the peaches aren't too ripe - if they are ripe enough for eating, they will be too juicy for pie baking.

I'm so glad Cindy brought this pie to our food group last week and was willing to share the recipe with me!

Source:  Cindy Umberger

1 unbaked pie crust

Filling:
4 or a bit more cups of fresh peaches
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/8 t. cinnamon

Crumbs:
1 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter

Gently pat the crumbs around the edge to seal.  Bake around 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees for the last 10-15 minutes until peaches are soft and crust is golden.*

*Note - I baked mine for 45 minutes total.




No comments:

Post a Comment