Thursday, May 19, 2011

Steamed Asparagus with Warm Goat Cheese



Well, my goat cheese disk doesn't look anything like the picture on Martha Stewart's website (maybe the goat cheese was too creamy, or maybe I didn't freeze it long enough, maybe I cooked it too long, or maybe I shouldn't have substituted regular bread crumbs for the panko?), but the flavor definitely wasn't compromised.  How yummy!  It was especially delightful knowing that the goat cheese came from Dove Song Dairy. a local farm; I just discovered them!  Their products can be purchased at Root's Market via the Fertile Valley Dairy Farm stand.  (I purchase my eggs from Fertile Valley since they are free range and are not fed any GMO soy.)


5 oz. fresh goat cheese log
flour
1/4 c. panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
2 T. olive oil
salt
lemon wedges

Slice a 5-oz. fresh goat cheese log into 4 disks; dredge in flour, then in panko.  Freeze for 15 minutes.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 2 T. olive oil over medium-high heat.  Add cheese disks; cook until browned, about 1 minute per side.  Season asparagus with salt, and serve with cheese disks and lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment